Consumer Association WHICH have released their latest survey on double glazing firms and the good news is that the UK’s major double glazing firms (Anglian, Everest and Safestyle) have been trounced by independent brands like us.
Customers in the WHICH survey (which asked 2,239 members about their experiences of double glazing companies over the last five years) rated the independents as excellent and scored them 23% points more than Anglian which came in 2nd place, Everest came 3rd and Safestyle last.
The main issues customers had with the big brands were over inflated prices and pressured selling techniques. The advice from WHICH and double glazing installers themselves is:
- have a good idea of what you want before making an appointment.
- choose a local company who you can have a face-to-face relationship with.
- avoid companies who only have a mobile number and not a landline – this could be an indicator of them not being very stable.
- ask to see examples of recent installations in your area
- make sure the 10 year guarantee includes the hardware on your new doors and windows – some don’t
- choose a company which is registered with a Competent Person’s Scheme. This means that companies can self-certify that their work complies with building regulations. It also means the work is covered by an insurance-backed guarantee if it’s not compliant and the company goes bust.
Why choose Frames Conservatories Direct?
Frames Conservatories Direct are a local independent installer and have been installing windows, doors and conservatories around East Anglia since 2001. We have a small, experienced team of friendly and knowledgeable sales representatives who don’t employ hard sell or pressured sales techniques. They simply listen to what you want and give you a price. On our website you can see a wide range of recent installations we have done and you can visit www.checkatrade.co.uk/framesconservatoriesdirect to read independent reviews from our previous customers. All our products come with a no quibble, insurance backed guarantee and we are members of the Network Veka Competent Person’s Scheme. We are the only installer in the area with a BSi Kitemark for installation and we are Suffolk Trading Standards approved.
To get a quote on your windows and doors – give us a call today or click here to arrange your own appointment at a date and time to suit you.